Sunday, April 8, 2018

From Vanuatu this Week


Last pday was just like the rest except we picked up all the New Cal zone leaders and STL's for mission wide MLC. Its been a good week to see them all again. I think I'll be going to Alberta after the mission cause Elder Secretan and I need to go fishing haha. 

Tuesday we picked up the rest of the the leaders around the mission and booked a ton of flights for upcoming zone conferences and what not. Just a simple office day. 

Wednesday we took all the leaders to presidents house then had a good amount of time in the area. Saw Angelina again. Going to have to push her date till April 14th cause she hasn't been reading! We also met this really cool family from Tongoa. Elda Child just walked up and started shredding their dry coconuts and they all thought he was from Vanuatu cause he knew how to do it haha. We also taught this mami named one eyed marie. She was suuper nice to us. She told us next time that we'd make simboro together. 

Thursday we got to go to a bit of MLC, the dinner out and the talent show. Twas cool.

Friday was another super long day. Up at 3:30am to get all the New Cal people checked in a 4:30am. We also got news of an emergency transfer so we had to make a bunch of last second flights. Also we had to do a couple baptismal interviews all over the place. For one we had to climb of this big hill covered in mud. My shoe was more mud than shoe afterwards haha. 

Saturday we saw Priscilla again for the first time in forever. She said she's at a pivotal moment in her life. Doesn't know if she should be baptized Seventh day Adventist to follow her Mom or baptized Mormon to follow her dad's side of the family. She really like learning with us but she just doesn't know enough yet to make her decision. We also found another family from Tanna who proceeded to rail on Joseph Smith a bit. It took me off guard how much they actually knew about him. I'm pretty sure we answered all their questions well enough. At this point on my mission I've heard so many of the same questions they I think I got some clear answers down :) 

Sunday we went out to find a bunch of referrals without much success. We didn't stumble upon a bunch of SDA members that wanted to talk to us though. They proceeded to indoctrinate us in their church :). I think they were a little taken off guard to see how many of the same things we believed in as well. They kinda came off like they didn't think us 2 young little white kids knew anything about the Bible. To add they recommended we read a book called "secret terrorist". Maybe its worth the read? I do genuinely like learning about other religions. My mission so far has shown me how diverse the beliefs actually get but I don't think I can read other churches material on the mish haha. Bout it for this week! 

Love,
Elder Burbank

Actually took pictures this week!
    
-MLC
-Little baby named Kennedy 0_0
also severed in this mission baptized the girl on the left side of the photo. Crazy.

-Bush walk
-Angelina on the right with a bunch of kids from the "Mahit" family. Elder Child's older brother who 






No comments:

Post a Comment