Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Trapped at Home

Pretty normal week. Last pday was a little crazy though. After the norm we went up to Tontouta to do a baptismal interview. The family said they were going to meet us there but they never came! Turns out we had to drive up to their house another 15 minutes north and we were super late for our Soiree or dinner with a family in our ward.

Thursday basically every single lesson fell through :( We did get to have a ward mission leader meeting with a meal though :) He always makes super good food.

Friday we had another super long lesson with Nels. We actually invited him to be baptized and he told us yes but not until the day you are about to leave New Cal. He said I want you to be able to say that you baptized someone the day you go home haha. I hope we can change that a little sooner.

Saturday we did some service at the stake presidents house. He has a super nice property and we worked for some 3 hours. It was a little insane but fun. We cleaned up the whole property from the cyclone damage and made these huge fires to burn all the greenery.

Sunday Nels and his wife Terika came to Church for the first time! I think they really enjoyed it. Other than that not a whole lot out of the ordinary happened Sunday.

Monday we had a lesson with Patricia who really wants to get baptized but she has been waiting on divorce papers for like a year and a half. She happened to a friend from work there so we had a lesson with her too! Patricia basically did the work for us. Everything she shared in the lesson was directed at her friend which was awesome. Shes already a missionary,

Tuesday we met the two new Tahitian sisters in our district, Sister Chong-Tien and sister Bonnet. Both seem pretty chill. We also had a lesson with a guy named Stanislas. He kept telling us that he loves reading the scriptures as he smoked a joint that he made with a page of the bible haha. Oh the irony.

Anyways about the title. This morning our entire neighborhood lost power for some reason, He couldn't leave the house because the electric gate for the car didn't work and our landlord wasn't home with the key to switch the gate from auto to manual. We ended just waiting around for 2 or 3 hours till the landlord got home.

That's all for this week!

Avec amour,
Elder Burbank

I didn't really take any pictures this week so this morning I thought it would be a good idea to take a nice picture of our collection of fans. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment