Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 2 in the Field

I had another great week here in Salt Lake! Last P-day my whole zone
went to the creator of Scentsy's house just to hang out. They have a
huge house with an indoor basketball court and such that they always
let the missionaries use which was super cool. That night we got to
teach our investigator Paula which went really well! She does lots of
research and studying before each lesson we have with her and she asks
lots of great questions! Paula also had her daughter sit in the lesson
with us and she seems pretty interested too!

Tuesday we had new missionary training at the mission office which
took like 6 or 7 hours! Felt like an eternity but President and Sister
Hillier had lots of great things to say. They talked about creating a
"Zion mission." President Hillier has only been serving for about 4
months but that seems to be his theme. Doing everything we can to
build each other up so we can confidently go out and serve. He is such
an inspired leader and just perfect for this mission specifically.
Also I met a new missionary at the training who got here last Sunday
from Sooke, BC! His name is Elder Sulzen. He said he knows the Fishers
pretty well! Small world....

Wednesday we had zone conference which meant another 7 hours at the
mission office but it was also super great!  More about creating a
Zion mission and creating ward or stake focused missionaries. Helpful
stuff! I also got my IPad and my bike on Wednesday! Both of which
makes the work so much easier! The entire area book synced to maps is
on the IPad which is insanely helpful! Going to be hard to give up
once I go to New Cal haha.

Thursday was lots of weekly planning. Some more great lessons and a
lot of biking! We bike all day every day it seems but I enjoy the
exercise. Also Elder Lyons and I went over Alma chapter 5 which really
stuck out to me. I recommend you read it!

Friday was more meetings and pouring rain! Elder Lyons and I got
completely soaked and every lesson and meeting basically fell through.
Kind of a rough day but C'est la vie. Members have been telling us
that it's been strangely warm for this time of year. Normally by
Halloween its suppose to be dumping snow not rain! I'm glad it's
staying warm though. Hopefully it holds up before I head to the
tropics! That's about it for this last week. Talk to you next week!

I didn't really take any pictures this week but I'll be sure to take
some for next P-day.

Avec amour,

-Elder Burbank

No comments:

Post a Comment