Friday, September 23, 2016

More MTC Experiences and Pictures

The time here is just flying by! Everyday feels sooo long but when I look back I feels like I just got here! My halfway mark is on Monday I think. Our departure date actually got moved to Oct. 17th. I am super excited to get out to the field. My district and I found a picture of missionaries in New Caledonia which was really cool. This last Tuesday we had a great devotional with the MTC District president. He basically said this Gospel is 100% true or its 100% false and that there is no gray area in the church. He said we can know for certain of its truthfulness in the Book of Mormon. I am so greatful to be here right now. Sometimes it can be really difficult with the long days and the not so healthy food but its totally worth it. Elder Graf and I teach a lesson just about everyday now which is tough but it really helps to understand how to teach. This week was also the first week we got to do TRC which was a cool experience. We got to teach a really nice old lady, Sœur Graham. She served in Paris many years ago. She had a lot of cool stories to tell. That's about it for this week! 

So about general conference though. I didn't get into the missionary choir unfortunately but they are singing at the priesthood session. Also the Visa stuff is all cleared up. I don't think it has come in yet though. 

Avec amour,
-Elder Burbank

 Grass Hut in New Caledonia taken in 2004 - mounted on MTC wall

2 comments:

  1. Love the pic at the top right; it's like he's trying his best to "hold back" a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic at the top right; it's like he's trying his best to "hold back" a smile!

    ReplyDelete