Thursday, September 7, 2017

2 hours on a bus

Last Pday we didn't have our car so we kinda just chilled at the house for most of the day. We did have one dinner appointment with the Castel family though! We talked more about ww2 history here in New Cal. Super cool stuff. I also found out that ill be getting transferred to Bourail! Even further north! 

Thursday we had a zone training. President made a special trip down to New Cal to watch and talk about Elder Stevenson's visit to Vanuatu! Super cool getting to see an apostle directly address our mission even if we weren't there in person. 

Friday we got our car back from the AP's! We also got to visit quite a few people. I'm really tried to get my trainee situated before I leave! I also said goodbye to alot of people. 

Saturday I was suppose to get on a bus and head up to Bourail but it didn't work out. There weren't really any buses that day so the transfer got moved to Monday morning. 

Sunday I got to say goodbye and do some final lessons with some investigators. Another solid day. We also got to talk with an inactive from Tahiti who has a sick drift car. Definitely got a picture with that. 

Monday I hopped on a bus by myself and took it up to Bourail for 2 hours. First time I've really been alone on the mission. Pretty weird experience, Bourail is so incredibly different than anywhere else I've served. There are alot less people here and the area is absolutely massive. There are lots of tribes here too. Some of which haven't been opened to mission work because a member has to do a special custom thing to let missionaries in. Just way way different. We have a branch here of about 20 members and the missionaries usually run sacrament meeting because the stake is in the process of calling another branch president. 

That's it for this week! 

Avec amour,
Elder Burbank

Pics: not a whole lot this week but Ill take a bunch of the new area this week.
-That less actives ride
-With our new investigator Maka!

-More squats in Dumbea
-Birthday cake!
-One of the nighborhoods "Val Suzon"





No comments:

Post a Comment